B ↔ 100m ↑ 50m ⏱ 15min vf / 1h total
View details in Romanian.
The via ferrata route “Șura Ușorilor” was officially opened to the public on June 10, 2023. It is located on Valea Dâlbii (Dâlbii Valley), in Padurea Craiului mountains, near Căbești, in Bihor county.
- Length 100m
- Vertical climb 50m
- Difficulty B
- GPS access / Parking 46°46’47.8″N 22°22’17.3″E or 46.779955,22.371458 (geo)
- GPS Start Via Ferrata 46°47’08.3″N 22°22’18.5″E or 46.785650,22.371808 (geo)
- Access hiking duration: 20 min
- Via ferrata duration: 15 min
- Return hiking duration: 25 min
- Total time: 1h
- Best time: April – October, except for when it’s rainy and the rocks become slippery
Access: We reach Cabesti commune in Bihor County on road DJ764, from which we follow for about 700m communal road 220 up to the limestone quarry, where we find parking spaces. From here, following a forest road, the touristic circuit marked with a yellow dot starts and it goes along Valea Dalbii (Dalbii Valley) for about 3.3 km, which can be hiked in about 1h30. We follow this trail for the first 800 meters only, until we reach the rock formation called Sura Usorilor, where the via ferrata cable starts: 46°47’08.3″N 22°22’18.5″E or 46.785650,22.371808.
Length of via ferrata route: 100m. Vertical climb: 50m.
Difficulty: B (easy). Grades are from A (very easy) to E (extreme).
Description: The route is short but interesting. Cable runs along the rock formation Sura Usorilor, on the outside and inside of two natural arches, formed after a cave ceiling collapsed. The artificial holds are frequent, making this route appropriate for beginners and families.
Duration for the via ferrata route: 10-15 minutes.
Mandatory gear: alpine helmet, alpine harness, via ferrata set. Optionally, gloves.
Return trail: From the end of the cable car, at the top of the via ferrata, we follow a sign and descend in about 5 minutes to the access trail, which we can follow in reverse to the start point.
- Beni Totos https://www.instagram.com/benitotos/
- Salvamont Salvaspeo Bihor – many thanks to mister Pinter Istvan