B/C, C/D ↔ 200m ↑ 60m ⏱ 20min vf / 40min total
View details in Romanian.
The via ferrata route “Pericolul Caprelor” (Goats Danger) was opened in the Summer of 2012 on the Kecskevész rock, at Harghita Madaras.
- Length 200m (2 routes)
- Vertical climb 60m
- Difficulty: left route B/C, right route C/D
- GPS access / Parking: 46°27’16.4″N 25°33’51.9″E or 46.454556,25.564417 (geo)
- GPS Start Via Ferrata: 46°27’23.8″N 25°33’51.4″E or 46.456611,25.564278 (geo)
- Access hiking duration: 10min
- Via ferrata duration: 20min+
- Return hiking duration: 10min
- Total time: 40min+
- Minimum 14 years old
- Best time: May – October, except for when it’s rainy and the rocks become slippery
Access: The access trail starts near a fountain on the side of the road, at GPS 46°27’16.4″N 25°33’51.9″E or 46.454556,25.564417. From here, you go up the auto road, almost to the first curve. On the same side as the fountain, you’ll see a footpath going up into the woods. The footpath is marked with a small red human figurine on a white rectangular background.
Follow this footpath up to the start of the via ferrata cable, at GPS 46°27’23.8″N 25°33’51.4″E or 46.456611,25.564278.
Length of via ferrata route: 200m. Vertical climb: 60m.
Difficulty: B/C (medium) and C/D (medium/difficult). Grades are from A (very easy) to E (extreme).
The route is split into 2 variants, which connect at the middle section of the rock wall. From there on, they merge into one single route. Thus, the route on the left is graded B/C and it contains a cable bridge (“vietnamese bridge”) made from only 2 cables, one at top and one at the bottom. The route on the right is graded C/D, but we did not checked personally.
Duration for the via ferrata route: 20min+.
Mandatory gear: alpine helmet, alpine harness, via ferrata set. Optionally, gloves.
You can rent via ferrata equipment from Sugo Pension. They only had 2 available kits on June 3rd 2017.
Return trail: You return to the starting point following the initial access trail, through the woods.
- We climbed this route on June 3rd 2017